Fort Saint John
Job Type :
Monday, 24 April 2017
With over 60 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a large midstream natural gas businesses, Manpower is seeking an Instrumentation Engineer, to fulfill a long term ongoing contract in Fort Nelson, BC.
The EIC Engineer is an essential member of a high performing multi-discipline team of professional engineers and technical specialists. This person is required to multi-task and work collaboratively with engineers, technologists, technicians, operators and maintenance personnel.
* Direct application of expertise towards technical leadership activities. Includes troubleshooting and optimization, equipment safety and reliability, compliance to applicable regulations, company standards, and industry best practices
* Resolving operation or maintenance issues directly by applied engineering practices or indirectly by coordinating resources that may include various SET technical staff, specialists, and/or contractors
* Developing sustainable maintenance plans and long term replacement strategies
* Establishing new and updating existing standards and specifications
* Participating in troubleshooting and root cause analysis (RCFA) of equipment problems
* Preparing of technical reports and group presentations
* Identifying risks to safety, efficiency opportunities, justifications, project scope development, cost estimates, complete critical/complex studies
* University degree in Electrical/Instrumental Engineering
* Professional Engineer (P.Eng) registered or immediately eligible for registration with APEGBC
* 5+years relevant work experience in an engineering role in an industrial environment
* Strong sense of personal accountability and responsibility
* Strong interpersonal skills to be effective in team environments
* Clear verbal and written communications capabilities
* Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and to multi-task effectively
* A demonstration of effective troubleshooting abilities
* Valid driver's license in good standing
* Familiarity with CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, IEEE, ABSA, BCSA, NEB OPR & PPR regulations, Canadian Electrical Code
* Direct experience in natural gas pipelines and compression facilities would be advantageous
* Consideration will be given to all transferable knowledge and experience with industrial equipment and processes
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca Alternatively, you can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 403-269-6936 and ask for Melissa.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.