Job Type :
Monday, 24 April 2017
Looking for a career in the Tool & Die industry? Would you like full time permanent work with benefits and great pay?
Manpower is searching for qualified candidates with experience in Tool & Die to fill a vacancy with one of our clients in Decorah, Iowa.
You will need to have the ability to analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and hand tools.
Summary of essential job functions
* Must have above average mechanical ability.
* Measures, marks, and scribes metal to lay out machining, using various instruments.
* Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathes and grinders to machine parts.
* Lifts, positions, and secures machined parts on surface plate or worktable.
* Polishes flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, abrasive stones, files, or power grinders.
* Fits and assembles parts, using bolts and hand tools, such as hammers and wrenches.
* Operates power press to test completed dies, and applies pigment to di to indicate high spots which require reworking.
* Capable of reading prints, understanding verbal and written instructions.
This is a 2nd shift position although training will be conducted during 1st shift hours.
Training Monday through Friday. 7:00 AM-3:00PM.
After Training Monday through Friday 3:00 PM-11:00PM(2nd shift)