Job Type :
Thursday, 13 April 2017
A global industrial leader based in York, PA has a direct hire opening for a: Welding Inspector/ NDT Quality Assurance Technician. This role offers the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally, competitive salary (+overtime) and benefits package.
This position will:
* Perform inspections at material supplier locations (visual inspections of welds to AWS, ASME, EN codes or to customer specs)
* Perform /witness Non Destructive Testing (NDT: UT, MT, PT, VT) at suppliers
* Utilize precision measuring equipment
* Convey drawing, fit-up, welding, machining and mechanical assembly requirements to suppliers. Report any drawing discrepancies to Engineering.
* Convey required specifications and codes to suppliers
* Ensure compliance to Quality Plans (ITP) and drawings
* Assist training company inspectors globally re: quality assurance, methods, specs
* Collaborate in resolving any supplier non-conformances (track documentation)
* Assess and audit new suppliers
* Review and approve: material certifications, dimension records, NDT reports, etc.
* Travel (domestically and internationally) and provide detailed audit reports
* Stay current on quality related training and certifications for NDT and AWS
* Prior experience with: Welding inspection, Non Destructive Testing (NDT), machine inspection, and heavy equipment manufacturing/ fabrication (ISO9001 a plus)
* Comfortable reviewing technical documents and writing detailed technical reports on findings (proficient in email, MS Word, Excel; SAP a plus)
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally 30-50% (away 1-3 weeks at a time) valid driver's license and able to obtain passport
* Have current, or ability to become certified as: AWS Certified Weld Inspector & NDT Certification to SNT-TC-1A in MT, UT, PT
* Experience with blueprint reading and GDT (geometric tolerance)
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-language environment
Please send your resume to: Gisele.Nadeau@Manpower.com for consideration.