Job Type :
Thursday, 30 March 2017
Location: New Columbia, PA
Shift: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: $15-$20/hr
Have you worked in a Purchasing position before and are interested in working for one of the top Companies in the Area? This is the job for you!
Summer: To satisfy internal customer requirements for parts and services utilizing the best source and at the correct levels to the required schedule.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and improves supplier base required to support needs of internal customers. Responsible for approved supplier base.
- Responsible to present vendor product or service improvements to internal customers through vendor visits and presentations to internal customers.
- Analyzes requisitions for completeness, clarity, lead-time required and commodity consolidation potential. Recommends substitution for the purpose of cost savings or improved delivery.
- Reviews or selects recommended bidders, issues inquires, and obtains quotations from qualified bidders.
- Buyer follows up to insure delivery schedules are met. Works to improve supplier lead-times.
- Maintains timely control of orders, revisions, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate, professional and legal retention of records.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisor, internal customers, suppliers, team members and any colleague as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be a motivated self-starter requiring little or no supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school; one to two year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are interested in the position please apply today! To learn more about the job you can contact your local Representative at 570-321-6688.
We are an EOE/AA Employer and do not discriminate against applicants who are women, minority, veterans or on the basis of disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.