20.58 - 30.28 HOURLY
Melbourne, FL - (USA) 1005 East Strawbridge Avenue FL Melbourne , FL - 32901 Phone : 321-242-2296
Assist in the development of site specific environmental policies and procedures
o Responsible for hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, including Department of Transportation (DOT) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
o Perform environmental compliance and due diligence audits
o Enforce Spill Prevention Control Countermeasures (SPCC) plan as required
o Assist in the review and interpretation of new and proposed environmental laws and regulations.
o Help with environmental reporting requirement as directed by the Safety Manager
• Assist in the maintenance of site specific safety policies, and coordinate with the Safety Manager to develop and implement new safety policies as requested.
o Assist in the creation of job hazard analysis and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessments
o Monitor employee exposure to job and chemical hazards
• Conduct and/or coordinate employee safety and environmental training programs and assist with emergency response training drills
• Monitor, track and ensure company Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) hazardous waste records are completed accordingly
• Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
• Associates degree or 5 years of experience in environmental regulation with an emphasis in Florida Environmental laws
• 3 or more years of experience in health and safety disciplines; Aerospace experience is preferred
• Experience in hazardous waste management
• Experience with NASA KSC policies and procedures is preferred, including Environmental Health and Safety requirements (KNPR 8715) and KSC Environmental Checklists (Form 21-608V2).
• General knowledge in interpreting, applying, and documenting federal, state, and local safety, transportation and environmental regulations
• General knowledge in environmental hazards, environmental compliance and industrial hygiene
• Knowledge of specific Federal and State environmental laws and regulations required. This knowledge as it applies to the Aerospace industry is a plus
• Windows Operating Systems, Intermediate
• Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate