Job Type :
Monday, 23 January 2017
Location: Allenwood, PA
Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shift
Pay Rate: $40/hr
PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing patient care in a supportive and therapeutic environment. The Nurse Practitioner coordinates with the physician and cooperates with other departments as required to provide for total patient care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Responsible for securing a health and developmental history from the patient, records findings and makes critical evaluations.
- Request appropriate diagnostic testing.
- Prescribes medications and treatments for illnesses.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of serious physical, emotional or mental problems.
- Assists in the management of chronic health problems.
- Teaches and demonstrates the application of good health practices to patients.
- Maintains current clinical medical records to insure data is entered appropriately and accurately in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency services, in the absence of the physician, including primary care for trauma and other procedures.
- Interprets prescriptions and dispenses products as prescribed. Prior to dispensing the product the patient must be made aware of any synergistic, antagonistic or and cumulative effects.
- Works collaboratively with the physician in planning, instituting, evaluating and revising care plans; assists in determining conditions, resources and policies essential to the delivery of health care services.
- Evaluates total health care needs of the patient and develops a plan to meet these needs. In addition, makes decisions concerning medical care needs of the patient with the physician as well as decisions regarding special needs.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care to patient, administering prescribed treatment and medications. Assists the physician in performing more exhaustive diagnosis and treatments.
- Serves in a teaching capacity in the training and development of other health care personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience: Prefer experience in chemical dependency or psychiatric nursing.
- Education & Training: Professional knowledge of health care principles, practices and procedures obtained through an accredited Nurse Practitioner training program.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Pennsylvania.CPR Certification.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to understand medical charts and physician orders.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills with patients, staff, physicians, families and the public.
- Ability to be flexible in adjusting to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Must have ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to work well with others as a member of a team.
If you are interested in learning more about the position, please call 570-321-6688 to speak with your Manpower Representative. Your employment is our passion.
We are an EOE/AA Employer and do not discriminate against applicants who are women, minority, veterans or on the basis of disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.