Job Type :
Thursday, 19 January 2017
Chief Administrative Officer
Washington County Government
Looking to elevate your career as an Administrator for a growing municipality? Are Public Administration, Leadership and Strategic Planning your strengths? Our executive search team is seeking strong candidates to consider for the position of County Administrator for Washington County Government located in beautiful Hagerstown, MD. The County Administrator is responsible for directing the day-to-day functions of the government. The County Administrator reports to and supports the local Board of County Commissioners. This position is responsible for carrying out the policies, orders, and instructions of the Board in the administration of public local laws applying to Washington County, MD. The administrator is also responsible for the supervision of Division Directors, the County Clerk, the County Attorney and various department directors and agencies.
Washington County, Maryland was established in 1776 and offers one of the most ideal communities to live in the Eastern United States. It is perfectly situated near major interstates, railways and an international airport. Hagerstown is just an hour from the Baltimore and Washington D.C. metropolitan areas and hosts one of the nation's top school systems. It boasts an affordable quality of life, beautiful landscapes, low crime rates, cultural arts and is richly steeped in history including playing a significant role in historical events like the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.
Qualified candidates will have:
1. Extensive working knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration and local government operations
2. General working knowledge of County departments and agencies.
3. Excellent communications skills.
4. Ability to maintain highly productive working relationships with subordinates, elected officials, various boards and commissions, and the general public.
5. Proficient in use of technology, specifically Microsoft Office, and the ability to introduce technology enhancements into the organization.
6. Governmental Budgeting and Financial skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Requires a Bachelor's Degree in either Public/Business Administration, with a Master's Degree preferred (M.P.A. or M. B. A.) and substantial senior level leadership experience in private industry, or local and regional government.
2. Must have demonstrated experience with budget preparation/control, strategic planning, and a thorough knowledge of public administration principles and practices.
*A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
All candidates must be a Washington County resident within 6 months of hire. Current salary is $139,960 - $144,860 and new hire would be commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, retirement, PTO, life and disability insurances.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . *Please no calls or emails to the local County offices.