Job Type :
Wednesday, 22 March 2017
Full time position for Engineers or EITs!
Manpower, a global leader in the staffing industry for over 60 years, has partnered with our client, a software services company, to seek a Telecommunications Engineer for a full-time one year contract in Edmonton. This role is looking for an engineer with experience in wirelines and has the potential to become a permanent opportunity for the right candidate. Some travel may be expected from this position.
The Telecommunications Engineer will be mainly responsible for creating designs according to customers' requests using our client's proprietary software and technology. This software utilizes aerial and underground structures to collect measurements and GPS locations of poles.
The Telecommunications Engineer will be expected to:
* Track and manage projects, including budgets
* Manage projects from the inception to completion
* Liaise with other teams to assist in software development
* Ensure company standards are met while dealing with customers
* Conduct regular site visits
* Complete GPON/FTTP, cooper and RF designs
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Previous experience in a telecommunications company
* Bachelor in Science or Engineering
* Registered or eligibility to register with APEGBC
* Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD and knowledge of SpatialNet would be an asset
* Proven experience with pole loading packages is an asset
* Ability to use Microsoft office suite effectively
* Knowledge of fiber, copper and RF networks
* Civil construction knowledge
* Valid class 5 driver's license
If you are interested in the Telecommunications Engineer opportunity in Edmonton, please click on APPLY or submit your application at www.manpower.ca . Alternatively, you can email us your resume citing "Telecommunications Engineer" at email@example.com. Please contact our offices at 780.420.0110 if you have any further questions.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.