Job Type :
Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Marine Technician-Full Time
Shift: 8:30-5:30 (Tuesday-Sunday)
SUMMARY: Our Client is currently in need of a Marine Technician at their Charleston, WV site. The Marine Mechanic will promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest standard of customer service to all patrons/employees of location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Note that the below are normal for this position but are not all-inclusive.
* Dismantle and repair defective equipment or engine, or replace defective parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools
* Examine engine equipment, such as pumps, circulators, condensers, and steering engines to locate malfunctions
* Connect fuel, oil, and water lines to engine, and install engine controls, propeller shaft, and propeller
* Determine root cause of defects and execute corrective action
* Determine information, tools and equipment to complete tasks
* Perform routine maintenance and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
* Fix, service, align, set up, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles
* Inspect or diagnose equipment, structures, or materials to identify the causes of errors or other problems or defects
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
* Must be a United States Citizen (it is not customary of the company to sponsor visas)
* Two (2) years experience with installation, operation, maintenance and repair of engine and small craft diesel engines and auxiliary systems typical of those found on a marine vessel.
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Must be organized and be able to multitask
* Strong interpersonal skills are required
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Ability to carry materials weighing upwards of 50lbs.
* Ability to determine safe or unsafe conditions. Process calculations occasionally.
* Perform physical activities that require moving one's whole body, such as in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, where the activities often also require considerable use of the arms and legs, such as in the physical handling of materials.
Manpower is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Please Apply online at www.manpower.com or call 304.346.9617 for an appointment.