Alberta Complex - Professional - (CAN) 10201 Jasper Ave. (Professional) AB Edmonton , AB - T5J 3N7 Phone : 780-420-0110
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
With over 55 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a leader in the petrochemical industry, Manpower is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, to fulfill a one year contract position, in Red Deer.
In this role, as a Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
* Development and design of mechanical systems of projects through the Project Development and Implementation process
* Taking technical ownership of design work (stamping) Construction Work Packages
* Obtaining approval for new or changing equipment specifications
* Developing expertise in corporate technical standards
* Representing the company on projects as the mechanical engineer
* Being the single point contact for mechanical issues on projects
* Providing technical support to the program of company projects
* Working with suppliers to specify equipment fit for purpose
* Working with procurement to procure materials and services
Successful candidates will have:
* B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with current registration with APEGA
* PMP Designation would be considered an asset
* 8+ years' experience as a Mechanical Engineer
* Project Management experience would be considered a strong asset
* Experience in the design specification and installation of mechanical systems
* Familiarity and knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing environment would be considered a strong asset
* Proficiency in the use of codes; such as, CSA Z662, ASME B31.X ASME Section 8, 9, TEMA
* Strong working knowledge of ASME, ANSI and API codes
* Experience with stress analysis software, such as Caesar, compress and finite element analysis programs
* Applied knowledge in the design and maintenance of systems which include pressure vessels, heat exchangers, piping and other pressure components and mechanical systems
* Experience with material selection and welding specifications
* Intermediate MS Office suite skills
* Demonstrated ability to ensure quality work packages are designed prior to IFC
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required.
* Ability to offer practical solutions to problems in a timely manner
* Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact Melissa at 403.269.6936.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn about all of the job opportunities Manpower can offer you, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.
To learn about all of the career opportunities Manpower can offer you, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Services Alberta on Facebook.