Medical and Nursing
Burlington/Winston-Salem NC Area - (USA) 3286 South Church Street NC Burlington , NC - 27215-9149 Phone : 855-591-7454
This is s 3 month project in Alamance County.
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE EPIC EXPERIENCE.
HS Diploma, or equivalent, Required, Preferred Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, see below for additional information.
Prior experience in a health care scheduling role for patient appointments or as an IT professional.
Prior health care information systems experience.
Strong working knowledge of registration processes and industry rules & regulations.
Experience working with insurance plans and payors.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Assist in the analysis, development and documentation of internal procedures and
work-flows, as well as training of end users in both the hospital and ambulatory
Assist with implementation and support of third party systems used by the Access
community: e.g. Welcome Kiosk, Phonetree, Real Time Eligibility, etc.
Collaborate with technical and end user groups to ensure COMPANY meets the
organization's clinical and business needs when building and implementing the
Provide ongoing system support including participation in on-call coverage for off-hours.
Review and test data conversions, interfaces, and new application releases. Populate
databases during the initial system build. Ensure that data coming across an interface
into an Epic application meets the business need.
Troubleshoot and determine the appropriate course of action when system problems
are identified, using knowledge of how the various scheduling, registration and
clinical systems interface.
Additional information on Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to multi-task with excellent attention to detail. Superior analytically, problem-solving, research
and decision-making skills.
* Proven track record of academic and/or professional success.
* Knowledge of patient scheduling concepts and healthcare workflows.
* Strong communication, prioritization and follow up skills.
* Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues.
* Ability to work independently and with a team in a collaborative environment.
* Requires proficiency in the use of a computer for tasks such as creating/evaluating workflow
diagrams, testing, creating documentation, etc.
Must be able to travel to Epic facility in Madison, Wisconsin for 2 weeks of training over an 8-week
period and later for additional travel for training for on-call cross-coverage purposes (2 weeks).
Must satisfactorily complete required Epic certification testing.
Please apply to this ad.