Building and Construction
Calgary, AB - (CAN) 734 7th Avenue Southwest Suite 240 AB Calgary , AB - T2P 3P8 Phone : 403-269-6936
Special Bend Machine Operator
With over 55 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a well-established and respected framing company, Manpower is seeking a Special Bend Machine Operator, to fulfill a temp to perm position, in North East Calgary.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
* Setting up and operating power brake press and folder (bender) to bend, notch, or form metal to blueprint / drawing specifications; select, position, and align dies / tooling in machine
* Setting up and operating manual or power shears to cut metal sheet or plate to specific size and angle; select, position, and align cutters
* Setting up and operating various presses for products; notched channel, HFA clips, flashings etc.
* Verifying conformance of materials and finished products to specifications and dimensions
* Identifying quality issues and taking corrective actions immediately
* Preparing and packaging products as per customer requirements.
* Building packaging skids as required
* Moving lifts to warehouse area using forklift
* Troubleshooting machine problems, cleaning, lubricating equipment and replacing parts
* Ensuring that co-workers / helpers work safely and report all unsafe practices & conditions
* Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates require:
* Minimum High School Diploma
* 4 - 6 years brake press / bending experience in a manufacturing environment
* 2 - 4 years' experience with equipment / tools; cranes, forklift, strapping machine, cutter, miter saw and/or QC instruments.
* Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
* Ability to take initiative
* Strong organizational skills with capability to meet deadlines
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
* Physically ability to lift up to 50lbs
* Diligence to ensure that all Health & Safety rules, practices and requirements are followed at all times
* Ability to work shift work as required
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com or contact us at 403.269.6936 and ask for our Industrial Team.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.